Where Will You Leave Your Legacy?
If you want Sacramento libraries to create a more literate and informed community for the future, consider a gift to the Sacramento Public Library Foundation. You get the long term benefits of endowment funding, with the tax advantages of charitable giving, while providing valuable resources for future generations of library users.
The Library Legacy League is a group of Sacramento area residents who include the Sacramento Public Library Foundation in their estate plans. Permanent membership is established by written communication from the donor designating the Sacramento Public Library Foundation as an estate beneficiary.
As a member of the Library Legacy League, you will receive an invitation to the annual Pride of the Library event, a subscription to the Foundation newsletter and acknowledgement of your gift in the Foundation Annual Report.
In joining the Legacy league you belong to a select group of philanthropic citizens.
- Bequests: A bequest is exempt from federal estate tax which allows you to defer a gift until after your lifetime. You can name the Foundation in your will for a specific amount, a percentage, or a share.
- Revocable Living Trusts: A revocable living trust gives you control of your gift for your lifetime. It allows you to name the Foundation the beneficiary of assets in a living trust.
- Charitable Gift Annuities: A Charitable Gift Annuity allows you to supplement your income with a guaranteed, fixed amount that is partially tax free.
- Charitable Remainder Trust: Create a hedge against inflation with a gift of real estate or other appreciable asset. A trust can pay you a set income annually, or a fixed percentage of assets revalued annually. You receive a fixed or variable income for life with an income tax charitable deduction.
- Gifts of Insurance: You can contribute a life insurance policy and/or name the Foundation as a beneficiary. You get a current income tax deduction and possible future deductions on policy premiums.